PAKISTAN NATIONAL AIDS CONSORTIUM JOB DESCRIPTION
title: Admin Officer
Reports to: National Manager, PNAC
Prevention and control of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan
The Pakistan National AIDS Consortium (PNAC) is a network of 6 provincial/regional NGO networks throughout Pakistan. PNAC was founded in 2000 and is constituted of the Punjab AIDS Consortium (PAC), the Sindh NGOs Network on HIV/AIDS (SNNHA), the Balochistan AIDS Network (BAN), the Northwest Frontier Province AIDS Consortium (NAC), AJK AIDS Consortium and the Northern Areas AIDS Control Consortium (NAACC). Each provincial/regional consortium represents member NGOs, who work to prevent HIV/AIDS in Pakistan and/or to provide care and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS. PNAC does not currently have members, but instead represents the provincial/regional consortia at the national level and in the future will provide support and services, through a professional staff, to the provinces.
In 2004, the European Commission (EC) and DFID funded a project entitled “Building-Up Rights-Based Approaches to HIV/AIDS in Pakistan: A National Civil Society Capacity Building Project.” Commonly known as the TAMEER Project, this programme aims to radically enhance the capacity of HIV/AIDS NGOs and to help them be effective and enduring partners in public-private sector partnerships fighting HIV/AIDS. This includes enhanced governance, as well as strategic, organisational, technical and project identification and management capabilities, and increased joint planning and coordination. The TAMEER Project is being Implemented by Pakistan National AIDS Consortium (PNAC), other partners include Interact Worldwide Pakistan (IWP), KIT Health of the Netherlands, AIDOS from Italy, and the Centre for Population Studies of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Essential facets of the role include working with Interact Worldwide to establish financial and administrative systems to be used throughout Pakistan, providing technical assistance to provincial/regional NGO consortia/networks, budgeting new projects and proposed project, overseeing procurement, and hiring and supervising support staff. In addition the post holder will participate in supporting the personal development of other colleagues and partners as appropriate, and assessment and provision / management of high quality capacity building and technical assistance inputs.
With support from the National Manager:
q Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls.
q Contribute fully to implementation and oversight of technical assistance to partners in the area of management.
q Assess and provide / manage high quality capacity building inputs to PNAC members
q Build support for PNAC, including the ongoing development of the HIV/AIDS consortia/networks and stakeholder relationships.
q Establish PNAC Office
q Ensure the smooth operations of the PNAC office
q Perform additional tasks as required
1. Establish PNAC Office
q View and assess potential office space according to pre-determined criteria
q Negotiate prices, leases, and contracts on behalf of PNAC
q Set up PNAC office, including furnishings, fittings, and equipment
q Arrange for office security
q Arrange for installation of telephones and other utilities
2. Smooth Operations
q Maintain office records.
q Act as focal point for suppliers or service providers for procurements and repair & maintenance activity.
q Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising quality.
3. Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls
· Manage human resources policies and procedures, including salary reviews, provident fund, employee manual and health insurance administration.
· Ensure proper use and maintenance of physical assets and office, including vehicles, equipment, furniture, and office building. Arrange for repairs as necessary.
· Ensure security of office, staff, and physical assets belonging to the organisation.
· Facilitate IT needs of office, in conjunction with IT consultant's
· Facilitate/oversee procurement process
· Establish systems to facilitate efficient vehicle use and proper maintenance.
· Hire, train, and supervise support staff.
4. In Addition:
· Assist the National Manager in developing the quarterly work plan
· Assist in knowledge management process
· Undertake business travel as required
· Undertake any other activity that contributes to the smooth running and development of the Pakistan National AIDS Consortium